Everyone loves diamond. It is invariably a girl’s best friend. It is very essential to take proper care of your jewelry. Diamond jewelry should be treated with extra caution since it is very precious. Whether it is diamond engagement ring, necklace or studs, it is important you take care of your possession.
So how exactly can you protect your diamond jewelry? Read on to know more.
1. During the time of purchase
- You need to carefully inspect the diamond and its setting before you purchase it. You need to thoroughly analyze the characteristics of diamond. Make a note of any trait that can set your jewelry apart. For example do you have an unique engraving on your band or a small inclusion in your diamond. Keeping knowledge of all this will help you when your ring gets tampered. You must also check the fitting of the diamonds. In case of loose grip you should bring this to the jeweler’s notice immediately.
- After purchasing the diamond jewelry, you should insure it. Since it is one of your most precious investments, you need to ensure that it is protected against theft and damage. To get your jewelry insured, you need to have an insurance appraisal which can be obtained from the place where you bought the jewelry. Also you should have high quality photos of your jewelry.
- Before using your diamond jewelry you must check every morning that the stones are intact. You can check this by using a pin or your fingernail by moving it around the stone. If you find any loose stone, immediately get it fixed.
- Remember to keep your diamond jewelry at a safe spot. You should have two different places to keep your diamond engagement ring. The first should be a place which is safe and secured where you can keep it for a longer time. The second should be a temporary place like a ring holder where you can keep it and take out daily. Do not randomly keep it around as you might lose it.
- Diamond jewelry always needs to be taken care of. You should clean it at least once a month on your own. Diamond earnings and rings need to be cleaned more frequently than bracelets and necklaces.
4. Twice a year
- Diamonds are durable but that doesn’t mean it is indestructible. The band of the metal can degrade a bit if you are continuously using chemicals. You must take your jewelry to a jeweler and get it cleaned professionally at least twice a year.
-A pair of diamond earrings require less maintenance that a diamond ring.
5. Refrain from doing the following
- Sleep wearing your jewelry
- Shower with jewelry
- Go swimming, clean dishes wearing your jewelry
- Touch the diamond of the ring instead of touching its base
If proper care is taken, your diamond jewelry will forever stay glittery and appealing.